Frequently Asked Questions
I never received the email to give me my JKO password. What should I do?
Contact the JKO Help Desk.
What should I do if I don't remember the password I used for registration?
Contact the JKO Help Desk or click on the tab that says "forgot my password".
Where can I find my certificate of completion?
Certificates of completion can be downloaded off of your account upon receiving a passing score in a course's Final Exam. If you were unable to download your certificate after receiving a passing score, click here for step by step instructions..
I have questions about attending the Phase II course. Who should I contact?
Questions pertaining to Phase II should be directed to the DSCA Course Registrar.
For detailed description on how to registrar for Phase I and Phase II?
Check out this graphic description. If you still have trouble, contact the JKO Help Desk.
I cannot wait the 48 hours it will take to get a password through the JKO. I don't care if my records are tracked. I don't want to get an account through Army Knowledge Online because I am in the Air Force, or Navy, or I am not in the military at all. I will not be attending DSCA Phase II Resident Course. I just need to get the certificate immediately for some other requirement. What do I do?
To register for the Internet Public LCMS, if you do not already have a JKO or AKO account, please do the following:
2. Select Click Here to Register for an LCMS Account
3. Fill out all required information, including SSN (if applicable), email (prefer .mil/.gov/.edu if available), and select your username
4. Select Submit
You will receive a message stating 'you will receive a test email...'
5. Select Continue
This will log you directly in to the Internet Public Learning Management System (LCMS), where you can enroll and complete the courses. If you close the window, you will not be able to log back in until you have received your temporary password via email.
Your password will be emailed to you. It should not take more than a couple of hours. If you have not received your test email or password within two hours of registering, please contact the JKO Help Desk at 757-203-5654 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
After your account is created and you are logged in to the LCMS, to enroll:
1. Scroll over Enrollment at the top of the page
2. Select Browse Courses
3. Under the Joint Courses tab, select the "J3S" tab
4. Check the boxes next to J3ST-US010-1
5. Select Enroll at the bottom of the page
You should then be able to launch the courses from the homepage of the LMS.
What are the prerequisites to attend Phase II?
1. Completion of the DSCA Phase I Online Course on the JKO LMS (you may not complete the course on the cmil.org site listed above if you plan on attending the DSCA Phase II Resident Course).
2. Registration is limited to Mid to Senior level personnel with a DSCA responsibility. This includes the following: military officers ((O-4 through O-6, warrant officers (W-3 through W-5), senior non-commissioned officers (E-8 through E09), or DoD civilians (GS-12 through GS-15 or equivalent) assigned to, or en route to, a position rquiring strategic level DSCA knowledge. Civilians from DHS, FEMA, DOJ, aother federal emergency support function agencies, state emergency response agencies, non-governmental and volunteer agencies are invited to attend. All others not falling into one of the above categories by either rank or duties, but feel they may benefit from this course may attend with an approved waiver. Submit your request for waiver (memorandum format) with your justification to the DSCA Course Registrar. Include the course location and class number that you are requesting to attend. The waiver request must be signed by an O-5 or civilian equivalent, in the student's chain of command. The waiver request will be reviewed and evaluated for acceptance or denial into Phase II.